Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 7 on W2K problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCETech

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2003
US
We used to have Corel Draw 7 on Win98 machines and we ran templates with Paragraph Text boxes containing text. We now have upgraded to Windows 2000 and when we pull in out templates the text is setting almost on top of the Paragraph text boxes instead of inside them. I have copied the previos corel settings over to the new install. I would not think that a new computer would be the cause of this, I would suspect W2K?? Can anyone help with this problem??

Absolutly correct. It is Win2K. Draw 7 was never designed for it, and as such, there are a number of issues that may arise. My suggestion would be going to version 11.

As a last ditch effort, one thing that you may want to try would be to reset the defaults for the application. It is not as easy as the newer versions. You will have to delete the following files. (the obligatory caution first....Deleting these files will remove any customizations that you have made.).

delete the following files

Corel\config\cdrbars.cfg
Corel\config\cdrrolls.cfg
Corel\config\cdrmenu.cfg
corel\draw\coreldrw.ini
corel\draw\template\coreldrw.cdt

These files should recreate themselves when you launch the application.

Hope this helps.

R

Well the configuration files didnt work but we figured it out. We noticed that one of our templates worked and some didn't. When comparing the two, the one that worked was in Artistic text form while the text that did not work was in Paragraph form. We were able to switch all our templates to Artistic text and it works.

Thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back