Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 11 (Symbols)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshJava

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
US
Does any know of a way to manage Corel Symbols (i.e. sorting, or grouping).

that depends on what you mean by "symbols" -- are you refering to the Symbol Fonts (ctrl-f11)?

No, Sorry for the confusion. With Corel Draw 11 you can now create small drwaings that will be used repetitively and save them in a symbols library to be used over and over. In my case I am using it to develop duct work for floor plans. With hundreds of differtnt sizes and types the symbols library makes it breeze. Just create a paticular drawing then reuse it as often as you need. The problem is managing that many different symbols. So far I have been unable to sort or group the symbols once they are created.

Yes, I know about those symbols, but many people get confused between the two. I guess first off, you are aware that these symbols are docu-centric, right? You can't share them between documents.

Yes, but there is away around that, by creating a drawing with a master library. Keep that document open and then just copy from the master and paste to the new document. It's not the most efficient way but it does work. I've searched corel's site and through the help docs with no luck on my problem. I guess I will have to email this to Corel as a wish list item.

Alternatively (and this is probably better)...

1) Make a folder on your PC or Server somewhere.
2) Drag and drop your symbols from CorelDRAW into the folder as scrap, or export them as .cdr files.
3) In Corel go to Window > Docckers > Scrapbook > Browse
4) you now have a new docker from which you can browse to the scrap folder you created in step 1

:eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back