Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel Draw 10 and Visual Basic component

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattere

Technical User
Nov 2, 2005
US
I have a user trying to use the Visual Basic component of Corel Draw 10 to update several files at once. She is trying to change a color that is common in all the files. When she tries using the VB component, she receives a message that it is not installed. I have tried going back through the install using the add option, and then the custom options to install VB. I checked the event viewer, and it shows "Product: VBA (3821b) -- Configuration completed successfully." But she still receives the error. Does anyone know of any other options to get the VB componemt to work? Thanks.

Try F8 on launch failing that uninstal Draw - manually remove Draw folders still there - reboot - reinstall. VB has to be installed as it is not installed by default in version 10 - ensure you have the sp's installed as well.
Alan D

I will have the user give installing the SPs a shot, and try pressing F8 on starting the application. If needed I will un-install the application. I wonder if some of her personalized settings are causing an issue. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the ideas.

I have had the same problem with an upgrade version of Corel draw 10. I have tried many ways to use vba but always
without success. Then I've tried to install a corel draw 10 complete vesrion and it runs correctly. this is my experience.

:)

Thanks oasis54u.

I believe that we have a full version. But, as it was purchased before my time with this company, I cannot be sure. I will just have to do complete un-install/re-install and hope for the best. I may double check that VB is loaded on the machine prior to the re-install to see if that makes a difference as well. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back