Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel 9 on WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicDesigner

Technical User
Oct 2, 2002
US
I'd like to purchase Corel 9 and run it on WinXP.

Any of you have success? If not success, what issues have your run into.

Thanks!

One of the users on our network tried running V9 on XP and ran into some trouble. It loaded fine but she kept getting an error message when opening the program. Corel support said they would not be making a fix for this as V10 had already been released. This was 6 months or more ago so you could try asking Corel again.

We upgraded.

I've been running Corel 9 on XP home for 6 months now with no major problems. Is your copy a clean install of XP or an upgrade? From people I've talked to, that seems to be an issue.

Yes, XP is a clean install. I plan to run Corel 9 on XP Pro.

FreshJava, are you running Corel 9 in compatability mode, or just straight out of the box?

I have been running version 9 on XP (Pro) at home since last August, with no issues. I set two machines up at work with version 9 on XP back in Feburarry of 2002. We have had no problems. I have not been running in compatibility mode, just launching the programs. We just upgraded to version 11 at work, now the problems are begining. I left version 9 on both PC's, and on both machines, the uninstall feature has corrupted itself. IT is telling me there are no Corel applications installed on the machine, yet by launching the applications they work completely. On one of the machines, it lost the uninstall info relatively quickly, on the other machine it took over a week and a half to loose the info. I checked both uninstallers last week and they were there. In fact, I rolled back one of the machines last week, to just before v11 was installed, and the v9 uninstaller came back. About to do the same on the other machine, roll back, uninstall 9, then reinstall 11. On both machines since this has happend, i am getting unusuall errors within Windows and other Apps. I am going to check with COrel Tech support and see if they have similar issues, but I wanted to find out if anyone else experienced this problem.

Thank you, this has been most helpful and exactly what I needed to know.

I will keep in mind not to upgrade to v11 at a later date.

11 works a charm on XP pro for us Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?

Just an update on my success. I purchased v9 on eBay and have installed it on my laptop running WinXP. It runs like a champ and have zero issues. I also do not run it in compatability mode.

Thank you to all who assisted in helping me make this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back