Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corel 11 how to make curved text?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownie1

Programmer
Dec 14, 2002
US
I am new to this program and I hate starting from scratch learning a new one! I just want to make some round labels, 2.75 in diamter, and i need for the text to curve inside the edge of the circle. Seems like you should be able to type in text, hit a button and voila!! ANy help appreciated!

Draw an arc (or cicrle) or what ever it is you want to curve the text path around. Insert the text. Click on the Arrow (pointer) tool, and select your text, hold the shift key, while selecting your curve.

Go to the top menus, chose the Text box -> Fit text to path.

This should now "snap" the Text to the curve. You can play with the attributes to adjust the text "On", "Below", or "centered" to the line, as well as justification and letter orientation.

Now, if you don't want the circle in the picture, you just want the text floating free in space in a nice arc, click anywhere off of the two items (the arc and the text) to de-select all objects. Now click on JUST THE CIRCLE. Hit the Delete button, the circle goes away, and the text stays as you modified it.

You should be able to do a search in the interactive help, as well as check out the tutorials...I think this is covered step-by-step in both....

HTH,
Russell

Thank you so much for your help. I ended up doing the curved lettering around the inside top of the circle, and have been trying to put it on the bottom inside of the circle. Will continue to work with it. Thanks again...

Let me try to talk you through this....

1.) Fit the Text to path.
2.) Find the toolbox that shows "abc" above a curved line (Text Placement).
3.) Flyout that menu, and find the "abc" upside down, below the bottom of the curve, and click that choice.
4.) On the far right end of that same menu bar, there is an Icon of a triangle, with an Arrow pinting to the other side of the line (mouse over and hold for a second, a text bar pops up that says "Place on Other Side") Click that icon.
5.) Now the text is on the inside of the bottom line. You can delete the circle, or use the "Vertical Placement" tool to adjust the distance from the path.

You can use all of thse tools to control the attributes of the placement on the text path.

HTH,
Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back