Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Corebuilder 9400 passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenVieira

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2003
US
I've looked around and tried the different "backdoor" ways to reset the system passwords on 3coms products. But none seem to fit how to reset a unknown administer password on the Corebuilder 9400. It only asks for what level of access, not a username. So I can't use the 3comcso or the FORCE "backdoors". Also I can't seem to see anyways to stop the boot process to back rev the code like some of the 3com units require to "backdoor" in. Please let me know if anyone out there knows the to re-initialize this unit without knowing the password. Thanks..

Well I found my backdoor to the 9400. I thought I'd post it for any others out there needing the same information. Login as administer password: lanplex below is a cut and paste of this login being run.

CoreBuilder 9400 Boot Version 1.07

Select access level (read, write, administer): administer
Password: lanplex

Resetting the passwords, please wait...

To complete passwords resetting, press the service switch button and hold it for
10 seconds

***This appears after you hold the switch for 10 seconds***

Warning: Passwords of all access levels have been cleared.
For Security purposes, please change your passwords as soon as you login.

Warning: All Trusted IP Clients have been cleared. For security
purposes, please reconfigure any Trust IP Client Addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back