Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

core switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gham

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2003
SA
dear All:
I have big problem with the design i made new design as a redundant link between tow core switch and i used the HSRP.

i connecte some switches to the both cores switch so if one of cores switch down another will up and work without problems after i finised actually i made subnating to the networks IP and all vlan will have praivate IP 10.0.x.x/20 exeption Vlan1 i decide it to the servers and it's 132.1.x.x. after i impelement the configuration i get surpurise some PC's could not get IP from DHCP server and i transfared the DHCP server to another VLAN 10.0.x.x after that it's worked fine can you try to help me what is the problems all routing it was ok another servers were working fine and commonocation between the client was working fine only DHCP was not working.

Are you using the "ip helper-address A.B.C.D" command on your vlans that have the PC's attached to them?

Example:

interface vlan 10
description Connection to USER PC LAN
ip address 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0
ip helper-address 132.1.1.254

The helper address should be the address of the DHCP server in question.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

You have the helper-addresses on your routed interfaces for your vlans and your still having issues? If so, post the configurations of both core switches, and a config of one of your access switches. We'll get to the bottom of this.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Ok I will try to send it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Life is life and the war is war so if the humane means life and humane means war in same time then life is war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back