Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Core Cage difference-Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahsood

MIS
Jun 28, 2009
PK
Hi I am planning to upgrade a 61c release 3 to CS1000M rls 5.5. I have already core cage exist in my lab having eng. code=NT5D41. In nortel QRN i am getting NT5D40 core cage for replacement in process of upgrade. Can i also use NT5D41 core card cage insted of Nortel mentioned core cage NT5D40???
Is there any difference between NT5D40 and NT5D41 core cage?

Sorry it was typo it is NT4N41 and Nortel recommended is NT4N40

CP PIV NT4N41 Core/Net Module, is the new card cage CPPIV (Pentium 4 processor).
81C CP PII (NT4N40), is the old CP2 (Pentium 2 Processor) up to release 3.0 can be install.

these 02 cages machine generic code is same???? i mean can i use license/keycode file with cage NT4N41 inspite of using NT4N40 as in Nortel QRN, or does both cages can be use same keycode file.

The only Core replacement for your upgrade is the MMDU and CP PII

The MMDU becomes blanked off in the Core section when you disconnectthe MMDU backplane cables and reconnect the
CP PIV faceplate connections LAN1/2 and COM1/2

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back