Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cordless set using ATA VM wont take messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvNortel

Vendor
Dec 8, 2012
US
I have an DN 201 that is using a cordless handset with an ATA it also rings on the desk set DN 210. The problem happens when after 4 rings it should go to VM to take a message when he does not answer however it just says "THE PERON YOU ARE CALLING IS NOT AVAILABLE" and sends them back to the main AA menu. This is the only DN this happens to but of course it is the only DN set up this way with an analog cordless. Here is the strange thing. When I F984 the phone to VM the VM now answers but not just on CFNA 4 rings.

I think I set this up this way because I think if I remember an analog cordless using an ATA can not ANSWER DN?

I was going to set it up so that the cordless was going to be DN 210 with ANSWER DN for 201 and the desk set was going to be 201.

I must be doing something wrong or is there a better way to do this this user is missing voice mail calls.

if 210 has FNA ..201 must have fna set lower..so if its 4 on 210 ..201 must be 3 or lower
also if 201 "ata" has line appearance check AA

Pretty much retired from telecom and now grow and sell perennials from April-November and Ski from Nov-April

Because you cant assign Answer DN on ATA I used to swap DN's with the ATA so that the primary DN was the ATA (201), now you can assign an Answer DN on the desk set (210) to answer the ATA's DN (primary).
Also make sure the mailbox 201 in Admin is told to be Ext:210 for message indication purposes.
The callers would not know the difference.
Again like Luv states watch those ring counts on each.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

As Curly states use the ATA as the primary DN and an ANS DN on the desk set for the ATA. Also for voice mail use the ATA DN with desk set DN as a secondary mailbox notification if your voice mail has that feature (NAM 4.0 or higher or any CP has that feature). Remove any mailbox and call forwarding on the desk set.

Marv ccna

Ok yes I do have 201 using the ATA and ANSWER DN on 210 but I also have a MB on 210.

I will give it a try.

Why do you think it is not taing messages? What could be causing this to happen so I can understand what I did wrong? IS it just the ring count conflict between 201 and 210?

Typically the message "THE PERON YOU ARE CALLING IS NOT AVAILABLE" is because there is no voice mail for the DN and there is no GDMD to dump the call into. Maybe it's misconfiguration to an info box not a subscriber mailbox.

Marv ccna

So let me see if I have the configuration that I should be using correct. The advertised extenson for thei customers is 201:

DN 201 using ATA cordless handset with VMB set with EXT as 210, CFNA to NAM 4.1 at 3 rings, MWI Alt Ext. is set for 210 to light the set MWI lamp

then

DN 210 using T7316e with no VMB but ANSWER DN set as 201, CFNA to NAM at 4 rings

Do I need to change the ANSWER KEY from BASIC to anything else?

Does this look right?

Thanks

VMB Ext should be 201 with extra msg waiting on 210. Yes change ANSWER KEY to EXTENDED. No one should be calling 210 because it will forward to CFNA to voice mail.

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back