Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cordless Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain8

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
Any suggestions on a cordless phone that can work with the Partner system? I've been told to get rid of the transtalks as they are terrible.

I see this engenius DuraFon.. anyone have any experience with this?

Please, any suggestions/recommendations will help.

I don't care for the engenius product line .

motorla has a line of long range cordless/ two way radios that looks interesting depending on the application

I usually just tell the customer to buy there own let them deal with the dropped/broken/lost handsets

unfortunately, i have to support the principal of my firms system and they want the transtalks out and want something that will work. i'm trying not to have to get rid of the partner altogether but they'd be willing to pay for it.

I have not had any issues with the Avaya 3910. It has a few drawbacks: only 160 range from base and only has 2-line appearance buttons, but if you can deal with that, they work well. You get all the features of a regular Partner telephone other than speakerphone (conference, transfer, hold are all standard).

what about intercom on the 3910? also, does it just plug into any port on the partner and pick up the extension number?? also, are the phone/base married to the transmitter or are they interchangeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back