Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cordless headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manueljung

Technical User
Aug 20, 2003
US
I'm in the process of migrating our Nortel system to Cisco VoIP and need some headset advice. The big bossman's GN Netcom cordless headset keeps flaking and I've been given the task of getting a new one. I'd like to get one that will work with the Nortel as well as the Cisco headset port so we won't have to get him another one when we convert him over. I've heard some good things about Plantronics, but does anyone have any model recomendations that would work for both platforms?

guess I should mention that we are on a Meridian 61C now.

The Headsets we use are GN Netcom 2200's. Apparently, they're sold with a standard cable which connects to most plantronics style amplifiers, but don't work with Cisco. To make them work with Cisco, GN Netcom also supply optional tail leads with the "fast connect" connector on them. The partcode for the tail for Cisco is "8800-00-37" instead of the "8800-00-01" supplied as standard.

Perhaps contact GN Netcom to see if they supply a tail that would suit your old/new PBX. The tails are only a tenner (£10 UK), while the 2200 headset is £70, so it's a good way of retaining your investment between phone systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back