Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cordless and desk phone ring to ext. 221

Status
Not open for further replies.

tclinch

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
US
I have a CICS 8x24 and am using all 24 ports. I would like to know if it is possible to have ext. 221 ring at her desk phone and a T7406, since I don't have any available ports.

Do you want 221 to ring the cordless if there is no that picks up ect 221 or to ring both at the same time!

As curlycord said, you will need an available port to plug the T7406 base station into. If you have this, than yes that port can be programmed to ring when ext. 221 is called.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy

It doesn't necessarily have to ring at the same time. It is for our receptionist so that when she leaves her desk she can take the cordless with her or when she is not in the office have someone else have the cordless. I guess I will have to do away with one of our common phones to handle the situation.

she can just forward he extension when she needs to send the calls elsewhere. (Feature 4, then dial ext #, Feature #4 to cancel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back