Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying TN problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
CZ
Hello, we are actually getting a lot of new business and our current support is not well enough so we will in long-term look for quality remote support. In a mean time I have to support a PBX and I have a trouble to create new TN from copying.

Description
? TN 152.0.0.2 is VoIP phone
? TN 152.0.0.2 exists
? TN 152.0.0.3 does not exist
? Target is to create TN 152.0.0.3 from TN 152.0.0.2

Console
>ld 11
REQ: cpy 1
TYPE: 2050pc
CFTN 152 0 0 2

DES TEST

*** MAKE PRINTER READY ***
TN 152 0 0 3
POS 6 ? random try

SCH3300
>err SCH3300

SCH3300
The DN or Position ID is invalid, it must be unique. ? What should be position ID?

Severity: Info

Pls post your TN 152 0 0 2. I Think you are copying a ACD phone which is NOT DONE,

Chris

So, you ARE copying a ACD phone. please don't. Build it with NEW. The ACD posID is the ID on Key 0. In youre case 711338. This number should be unique.

look at LD 20, PRT, LUDN for any free number. eg 71 + youre new DN to add as a SCR on TN 152 0 0 3.

Chris

ChrisJGB: So basically if I will put phone out of ACD queue I can copy it more times and than assign ACD to all phones?

How could I deasign and assign ACD?

My advice is: Build a new Phone useing the NEW command. If you want to copy the Phone:
1) Be sure the ACD phone is logged-out
2) If you are using Symposium, deacuire the TN
3) OUT the ACD key 0
4) COPY the phone to the new TN
5) CHG the ACD key 0 back again
6) Acuire the TN
7) Loginn the ACD phone

if you have to make a lot of NEW phones maybe is it better to make one script and use this for al the other phones

Is this any help for you?

Ok, I have no experience with building NEW phone, would it be somehow complicated for me?

ChrisJGB: I have it but basically it is more difficult to build a new phone rather than copy old one, is not it?

The reason everyone advises you not to copy ACD phones is that there is a long history of copying ACD phones corrupting the database.

MossEng: So is there an easy possibility to create NEW phone based on settings of old one? E.g. I can write out config of old one so can I easily create new one based on this config without copying and risking corrupting a database and how?

Yes if you print the config of an existing ACD set, then create a new set entering the corresponding entries to the print out (Not forgeting ChrisJGB's point that the Pos ID must be unique, this is entered against Key 0 ACD <ACD-DN> 0 <POS-ID> ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back