Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying Text From Applet to System Clipboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabowles

MIS
Jun 26, 2001
US
Hello All,

Can someone give me a page to view or provide me the details of the simplest way to develop an applet that will allow the copying of text in JTextAreas and JTextFields from the applet into a Windows Application that is compatible with the System Clipboard?

Thanks,

David Bowles

I was told that the Clipboard cannot be used to copy to the System clipboard because of the security settings within an Applet and the only way around this is to create a signed applet which i think is going to far out. Is this not true?

David Bowles

Yes well that could be a problem if you don't want to sign the applets.
Not sure how to do what you request without this ...

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

I'm trying to copy data to the clipboard from a web based java app. I have info from the software company who wrote the app saying that all i need to do is add a line to the java.policy file specifically, this:

permission java.awt.AWTPermission "accessClipboard";

Trouble is, it does not work. My experience of java programming is absolute zero, i'm kinda working blind here.

Java plugin version is 1.3.1_02-b02. I cannot upgrade the java plugin to the latest version as the "wonderful" app which uses it will not support a later version..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back