Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying text from a Web Page to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCane

Programmer
Apr 3, 2002
US
I am a bit of a newbie and got stuck. What is the easiest way to copy text from a Web Page and paste into Word?

Thanks

Your question is not very clear.
If you want at the end of your page to have a button that copies all the text and then paste in a new Word document, solution is one.
If you want to have an input box where user can type an address and then press a button to copy the text from that addres and paste into a new Word document, it will be other solution - may be in parts similar to previous.
Try to give us a little bit more info.
Also may be forum VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) will be more helpful.

The code that I will develop will eventually lead to a button being placed in Word for the user to just click the button and have text placed in Word from a hard coded webpage.

I have tried a few ways of approaching this problem (Appactivate and SendKeys). This method is not particularly successful. That's why I am look for help.

Have you checked out the faq329-670 ? It seems to contain most of what you are after.

Palooka

Yes the copying into Word portion but not the portion of copying from a Web Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back