Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying Published Apps to a new farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
GB
I am building a replacement server for our current and am creating a new farm. i have already installed all the applications I need.

Does anyone know if I can copy the old server's published apps listing over to the new to save me a few hours work.

Thanks

Hello Grunty,

Well NO! You should not. Applications need to be installed and tested on a Citrix Server before they are made available to users. As application write all sorts of stuff to the registry and create system files, it important that all components are installed. Best bet is to do the install of all the apps and then create an image to enable easy restore should this happen again.

Rick

Thanks for the reply.

I have already installed the apps, it was just the settings in the management console I wanted to replicate. As it was I have done it manually now, but I had hoped I could have exported to a text file or somesuch to enable easy importing next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back