Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying jpg's to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmbru

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
My CD burner works fine for most tasks. I've saved Word docs and music without any problems. When I try to save pictures it seems that the CD space is used up more than expected. The files are about 250 kb each but after saving only a few of them the disk capacity is uded up.

Can anyone ster me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Brian Brian

This should not be happening. What burner software are you using? It shouldn't take anymore space on the disk than it does on your drive; if you are using direct cd though there is some space used for formating the disk, but not that much...
I would try to use several different softwares i.e. nero v.s. ez cd creator and see if that makes a differance.
RocKeRFelLerZ

I use CD creator and have no trouble at all, have you thought of saving your files to a lower resoultion as 250kb per picture eats up disk space kind of quickly.

In My Pictures file with more than several sub directories and 8-10k files, (average size 50kb each) I backup and burn to my CD-RW 300+ MB monthly, that's what owning a digital camera does to your HDD.

Aren't you getting file sizes mixed up here? Mb and Kb
100KB = 1Mb
So 5 of your 250Kb files should fit on a 1.44Mb floppy disk with space.
On my 2.3 megapixel camera the largest file produced is about 1.3mb so 500 should fit on one disk.
This means upto 2,600 of your very small photo files should fit onto the same disk? in theory.
Martin
Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back