Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying Greetings from one mailbox to other

Status
Not open for further replies.

koobro

Technical User
Sep 19, 2005
NL
We have Octel 200, is there a method of copying a greeting from an existing mailbox to another? Why, because we want to use the same voice as the person is no longer available.

Koobro

Hi Koobro

This is not possible. You need to record a message for each mailbox.
You can also use .M CUST , customer prompt table, to give a common greeting for users in the PBX, that NOT have a voice mailbox in the OCTEL system.

///doktor

Hi doktor,

I thought as much and thanks anyway.

Rgds

Koobro

This cannot be performed in the system but you can connect a recorder to the phone line,play the greeting and record it on a tape recorder of good quality and with a clean phone line then play the recorded greeting back into the box you want the greeting in.
May not be the best way, but will work.

Yes, you can back up the greeting and then restore the greeting to a different mailbox. You use the FLOPPY command at the @ sign. Backup the greeting to a floppy disk. Then use the FLOPPY command at the @ sign. Choose to do a restore. When you pick the mailbox make sure that you put in the original mailbox , destination mailbox. Here is the info from the manual:

Restoring a Greeting to a Different Mailbox
The following is an example of restoring a greeting to a different mailbox.
Action Octel 200/300 Description and Response
The following menu is displayed:
1. BACKUP
2. RESTORE
3. FLOPPY DIRECTORY
SELECT FLOPPY OPTION (1 – 3, EMPTY LINE = EXIT).
:
The following menu is displayed:
–––––––– RESTORE ––––––––
1. NAMES
2. GREETINGS
3. SCRIPT AND SEQUENTIAL MESSAGES
4. PERSONAL–DISTRIBUTION–LIST NAMES
5 PROMPTS
6. ALL NAMES, GREETINGS, SCRIPT AND SEQUENTIAL MESSAGES,
PERSONAL–DISTRIBUTION–LIST NAMES
SELECT BACKUP OPTION (1 – 6, EMPTY LINE = NONE).
:
The following is displayed:
–––––––––– GREETINGS ––––––––––
ENTER THE MAILBOX NUMBER TO RESTORE
(1–8 DIGITS, ALL, EMPTY LINE = DONE).
:
374 is the mailbox where the greeting was located when the name was
backed up to floppy; 245 is the mailbox where the greeting will be
restored.
INSERT FLOPPY, PRESS RETURN WHEN READY
TITLE: DISK #2
RESTORING GREETING FOR MAILBOX 245 ...DONE
–––––––– RESTORE COMPLETE ––––––––
1. @FLOPPY ??
2. :2 ??
3. :2 ??
4. :374,245 ??

Well I guess my copy and paste from the manual didn't format correctly. The main point is to backup the greeting to floppy and then when you do a restore put in source mailbox,destination mailbox and then hit enter ( 374,245 and then hit enter from the above post).

Chuck

RCT Technologies

ChuckRCT,

Thanks a lot for the info its very much appreciated. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Koobro

If you have the LAN backup feature along with a LAN card in the system, you can do the backup to an FTP server from the host system and then restore on the target system.

--"I'm sorry, ma'am. The problem seems to be between your chair and the handset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back