Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying controls/fields in foxpro 3.0 or higher screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjrich

Programmer
Feb 17, 2001
US
Trying to add a control to a subclass by copying an existing control and changing the control source. I want this new control to work just like the existing control except display data from a different table. I'm working on SBT PRO 6.0 files. I have created a subclass of SYITEM.VCX and need to add several new controls/fields to this class.
Any help will be greatly appreciated! rjrich

do you know how to add classes to your class or form via drag n drop from the class browser or the toolbar? From the Class browser open your classlib and just drag n drop on your container. For the toolbar click on the View Classes button and go add.. it. I dont know why the control source for the class is set, I guess that's what SBT does but just add that class to your form or form class and change the controlsource prop. If you do want to subclass it again with a differenct controlsource perhaps the easiest way is to add it to your form, make sure only it's selected and go File/Save As class for the control. That really indicates a poor design but that's how you can visually subclass it easily. I hope I answered your question but I fear I may have misunderstood your question. John Durbin
MCP Visual FoxPro
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back