Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying Chart to different sheet and changing series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcook1

Technical User
Aug 9, 2006
GB
Hi,

I'm having issues with developing a macro that will copy a chart from one sheet, on which there is data that the chart is plotting, to another where there is new data (same format as the first sheet. I want the macro to then change the title and the series info to that of the name of the sheet.

I've had limited success thus far as i've encountered problems with the numbering system of the charts.

Has anyone tackled this before or got any pointers?

Thanks,
James.

Hi,

When I do charts, I OFTEN make a single chart that I can interactively point to different data, using a combobox.

Each combobox selection changes the data in the series and titles.

This is a much better design approch than multiple charts, that MULTIPLIES maintenance time/cost. Once you know what you are doing, it also drastically reduces development time/cost as well.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Hmm...

The thing is i have the same layout on all my sheets, so all i need to change in the chart is the name of the sheet in the series string.

will it be easy to do that with a combo box?

Notice that the series reference has
[tt]
=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$999
[/tt]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

the thing is i have the title, xvalues and yvalues to change the "Sheet1" on for 8 different datasets on 12 or so different graphs.

i'll get rsi if i keep having to do it manually. anyway, i'll crack on with it tomorrow and see how far i get.

thanks for the help.

Build a table with Sheet Name and whatever other parameters, like Chart Title.

Then when the user selects the Sheet Name, you can lookup the other parameters you need It can all be done with Sheet-based Lookups.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

i've managed what i was trying to do now.

thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back