Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying CDROM music CD's to music library as mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is there any way to copy a music cd to my mp3 music library?  I have a CDRom and a DVD player.  

You have to changed the cd format to mp3, their are many programs out their that can do this.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is one from <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> the real jukebox is half decent and should work with DVD cd's<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

Audio catalyst works really well. <br><br>The steps to creating mp3s from your music cd go like this:<br>1) you need to &quot;rip&quot; the audio tracks to your harddrive in a .wav format. There are a number of programs that will do this such as audiograbber.<br>2)you need to compress the .wav files to .mp3 using an mp3 encoder such as xings.<br><br>Or you can bypass&nbsp;&nbsp;this process and use a program like Audio catalyst or programs similar to this. You can go to <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and do a search on mp3 encoding and you should find a whole slue of them. Be sure to get one that says it can rip and encode.<br><br>Good luck.... <p>Troy Williams B.Eng.<br><a href=mailto:fenris@hotmail.com>fenris@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

You can also use DartPro, it does it on the fly.<br>Clive<br> <p>Clive<br><a href=mailto:clive@digitalsky.co.za>clive@digitalsky.co.za</a><br><a href= > </a><br>I assemble and sell these things.

Thanx guys.&nbsp;&nbsp;I downloaded Audiograbber and am now trying to learn to use it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks again!

Use Real Jukebox. I tried AudioCatalyst, Xing's software and AudioGrabber. RJ is the only one that let's you do entire cds, and it's the fastest. A new version just came out. It archives, encodes, plays and can make play lists. It really is a very decent, very free program. And it's set up so any idiot can use it.

Audio Catylst does entire cds! AC is Xings encoder and Audiograbber!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back