Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copying avi to dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlo1977

Technical User
Jan 27, 2004
GB
can anyone offer me any advice on how to copy movies in avi format from my hardrive that i have downloaded from a p2p onto dvd?

thanks

The AVI file will first need to be converted to MPEG-2 format before it can be burned to a DVD and played in a set-top DVD player.

However, this site is not an appropriate place to discuss it, since copyright definitely comes into play. I suggest you go to this site - - or search the net for a solution.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle

With Sonic MyDVD you can burn AVI files directly to DVD. The program does the conversion into the appropriate format for DVD.
I agree with cdogg that this isn't an appropriate place to discuss these sort of things as copy writes may be broken.
Only burn your own or non copy write material to DVD.

Yes, it is important to point out that just because someone wants to burn a file to DVD doesnt mean copywrite is an issue. I make many home movies or compilations out of avis that I burn onto DVD.

Bryan
--------------------------------------------------
KruppCon -

Bryan,
Your comment is appreciated. However, it is not possible to judge one's intent in a public online forum. This site was designed for "peer-help" in a professional environment. If someone has a question about a particular piece of software, then they need to post in that forum.

This is a video hardware forum. There are forums for titles like Adobe Premiere for example. However, general knowledge questions that can be found in a simple google search are typically rejected at this site.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back