Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying a profile on a WinXP machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagger15

MIS
May 26, 2006
CA
I am migrating to a new AD Domain, but now I have to move all the workstations to the new domain. I was wondering if anybody has a script that I can go to each workstation and 1. Change the Domain
2. Copy the user profile

Thanks so much

I have all the accounts moved, I was looking for a script to actually use on each workstation to copy the local profile and add the each client PC to the new domain.

Thanks again.

Again, ADMT will do that for you.

When you migrate computers USING ADMT then it will allow the profiles to be used in either the original domian or the new domain.

If you did not use ADMT to migrate the computer accoutns, then just delete the accoutns fromt he new domain and use ADMT to accomplish your goal.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Will ADMT copy the local user profile on the workstation so that when the user logs into the new domain all his/her desktop, programs, favorites etc.. will be the same as when they were on the old domain?

Thanks again.

The EXISTING profile will be enabled to work with both domains. No copy needed.

Read the documentation on ADMT and you will find it is the right solution for your need.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back