Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy value of text box on from form to a subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArffMarine

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
I have two tables I use to store information on new classes. The one table titled “Class Info” stores the class number, instructor names, and class start and graduation dates. The onther table, titled “Student Information” stores information on students in the class such as name, social security #, rank, branch of service, etc.

To input the information, I have a hierarchal form with the main form containing the class information and the subform contating the student information.

What I want to have happen is to input the class # on the main form and have it stored in the class info table as well as in the class # field for each student entered on the subform.

Here is a description of the fields I need to do this.

Table name
Class info entered on the main form

Field names

Class # *this is the primary key for this table*
Block III Start Date
Block III Graduation Date

Table name
Student information entered on the subform

Field names
Class #
Block III Start Date
Block III Graduation Date

I would like the fields in the student info table to be entered from the matching fields in the class info table.

Please help, I am pulling my hair out

Hi

See the Master\Child properties of the subform control, set these to Class# and Access will do the rest

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back