Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy table from one access .mdb file to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsparks

Programmer
Jan 3, 2001
US
basically what i have is an access.mdb with say, 50 tables in it. i need to create another database with say 23 of the tables from the original database.
i'm attempting to do this via ASP...

so far, i have created a page that first renames the current database with the current date to be kept as a backup. then i have a new empty .mdb file created.

now i have my source .mdb, a copy of my previous destination .mdb, and a brand new blank .mdb with the proper name waiting for tables from the source .mdb.

any suggestions on how to get only the tables i need from the source .mdb into the new blank .mdb???

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

If you go into tables folder of your new db
Then goto File/Get external data/import
find the db from which you want to get the 23 tables from select then and import

Hope this helps
Hymn

Another option would be to create a link to the tables in the first database, rather than copying them over.

This would take less disk space, as well as allowing to only have the need to update one set of tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back