Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy / Re-Create Outlook PST with folder / subfolder structure only

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwheads

Programmer
Apr 24, 2004
ZA
Hi All

I am looking for some VBA code to copy all folders (no emails) to a new pst file. i.e. copy entire folder structure and subfolders to a new pst file with no data.
I have a user with a very complex folder/subfolder structure in a 16GB PST. I want to start this user with exactly the same structure in a brand new file. If I go the archive and compact/compress route it will take 3 days and would prefer not to re-create manually.
Does anybody know of some VBA code or an existing product that can achieve this?
Cheers

I did find a very simple solution yesterday and it works perfectly. (with no programming required)
If you do an archive on the entire PST and set the "archive before" date to a date too far in the past to actually move any emails, then the PST is re-created with all the folders and subfolders, but no emails.Hope this can help someone along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back