Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy Question from a new user...

Status
Not open for further replies.

7wins

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2003
US
We have a Partner System r4.1 as far as I can tell. I have added a new extension and wish to copy from an existing extension. The manuals that I have downloaded show the command (#399) but no syntax. I can get to the copy section and I am promoted for the EXTENSION which I assume is the extension to copy from. I enter that extension and then a DATA prompt is displayed. What goes there? I tried entering the new extenion but no joy. My only option at that point is to abort. Sorry for such a basic question.

Also, if there is a specific manual that I need to use, please let me know. The offerings at the Avaya sight do noth ave the details that I am looking for.

Feature 00
Left Intercom Twice
Enter the Extension to Copy FROM
Enter the Extension to Copy TO
Feature 00

I'm sure this is what you are doing from your description above, but what you may not know is that it doesn't copy the buttons except the Lines. It copies the lines and ringing, line access order, toll restriction, groups, voice mail cover; the kinds of things that you program in the 300/400/500 series of programming codes.

BUT, you need to program the "soft" keys like Redial, Flash, Page, Transfer to Voice Mail, Call Voice Mail, speed dials, Auto Intercoms, etc. individually for each phone.

Thanks, that is helpful. The thing that confuses me is that the second prompt is not for an extension but rather says DATA and that does not seem to fit. Further, upon entering the new extension, there is no indication that the programming change was accepted. I guess the next question is, does a visual interface exist for this switch that indicates what features are set on each line or is the visual interface looking at the phone and seeing what lights up?

No visual interface for the Partner 4.1. There is a GUI for the ACS line. You must go to the telephone and hit FEATURE 00, then touch each button and see what the display shows the button to be programmed as. You can also go into "centralized telephone programming" from ext. 10 or 11. Feture 00, Left Intercom Twice, now Right Intercom Once, dial the extension number in question, and your telephone becomes the other telephone. As you touch the buttons, you will see what they are on the other phone. Kinda hard of the are two different models of phones, but if they are the same, it's really easy. To look at another phone, press the Right Intercom again, and dial another extension number.

As far as the "DATA" prompt when copying, yeah that's what it says. However, you can dial extension number after extension number if you want to copy your model station to multiple extensions.

Thank you again for your help. Upon further review, this does appear to be an ACS system. Please pardon my ignorance but I have stumbled across some documentation and an ACS sticker on the box. This does go beyond the initial question a bit, but where do I find the GUI for this system? Is this utilized via a telnet session, dial-in or is there a more sophisticated network (LAN) connection option?

OK, if it is an ACS, and it has the Remote Access/Backup card installed, you can get the ACS Remote Administration software here:

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/tsoweb/partner_acs/acsR5remoteadmin.zip

To use it, you connect to the internal modem in the Backup card (Ext. 76), instruct the GUI to perform a backup and then download the programming parameters. Then you make any changes that you require, save the file under a new name, then upload the new parameters. Finally you must restore the system from the new parameters, which causes a restart to the system (so don't do it during the business day unannounced)

Press FEATURE 59 on a display to confirm that you have an ACS and at least R3.0, then call Intercom 76 and see if you get modem tone after a couple of rings to make sure that you have a remote access card.

Hi 7wins,
There is a program on the Avaya web site called Remote Administration. You dial in to the ACS (R3.0 or higher) via an extension port (76). You must enter a password (#730 in system programming) first. If you are off site, have someone transfer the call to Ext 76. For access through the auto attendant, you must assign ext 76 to hunt group 6 (776). Make sure the autoextension privacy is on for ext. 76.
I use Win98 with no trouble. The file is available at :
The exact link.
Understand that you still don't copy the soft keys, they get programmed manually. Also, program changes are made to a new file, uploaded and the system is restored (reset) via this program. It does include system diagnostics. Very cool.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back