Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy /paste info in text box while keeping formatting????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyosa

Technical User
Jun 12, 2000
US
Does anyone know if you can take text that's formatted in a text box, copy and paste it in another text box and maintain the original formatting (colors, fonts, underlining etc..)
Everytime i try to do this i loose the formattiong and it's pain to get it back. just curious if it's a possibility.

thanks,

[sig]<p>Kyosa<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>"The key to flexibility is indecision!"<br>
- unknown<br>
<br>
[/sig]

If you're in PowerPoint, it's because of the Slide Master. Go to the menu bar and select View>Master>Slide Master. It'll display all the text boxes (titles, bullets, etc) on your slide. Change the fonts and such to what you want, and choose the Close button.

If it's another program like Word, I'm not sure about that. But you can get around it really easily. Since you're copying and pasting, return to the text box you copied from. Highlight the text, and click the Format Painter button (that's the paintbrush). Click and drag it across the words in the other text box, and your formatting will return. If you double-click the Format Painter button, it'll hold the formatting so that you can do more than one text box. Works great on lines and changing the color of text boxes, too.

[sig]<p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.[/sig]

Sorry, i should have pointed out that this is a text box in Excel '97. I thought about using the paintbrush however, whenever i enter the text box it greys out that option so i can't use it.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas!

[sig]<p>Kyosa<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>"The key to flexibility is indecision!"<br>
- unknown<br>
<br>
[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back