Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy/Paste from Ilustrator to Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

satanskiier

Technical User
Sep 17, 2003
US
I do lots of work in Illustrator and Photoshop, and I was in dire need of an upgrade to Illustrator 10. When I had an earlier version of Illustrator I could copy and paste it into photoshop with ease. Now its like pulling teeth to do this from Illustrator 10 into Photoshop. Sometimes it does work, and sometimes it comes in as a new layer in Photoshop but nothing's there. Drag and Drop doesn't always work either. Even exporting gives horrid results. I was once able to take a vector file, paste it into a high res large file in seconds in my old Illustrator 6! Now, I can't even do this for a 2" 72 dpi file without it being so jagged. I never upgraded to the newest vers. of Photoshop because I'm afraid to upgrade to do unstable results I've read about. I'm running Photoshop 5.5. Any suggestions?

Why don't you just open the file in photoshop saved as an .ai file? That always works for me. It shouldn't matter what versions of both programs you have ... photoshop can read vector graphics with ease and simply rasterize them when you open them in photoshop. Hope this helps ...
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
Adrial

Are you sure you have
Menu:Edit->Preferences->File & Clipboard->AICB checked on.

I have same situation.
I did what u said hparmar!
I have a ai for 9.0 and photoshop 6.0.
Any1 know how to fix this prob?
Thx.

I run OSX.2.8, AI 10 and PS7 running on an G3 PowerBook oldie. I have this problem too and wonder if it's related somehow to my other problem...
Finder can't emty the trash! Fixed it with DropObliter, but what to do about this copy/paste problem, I don't know.
HELP!
thnx. R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back