Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy / Paste different in VFP 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneJantz

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I have edit boxes in forms in VFP 6 with a popup to copy/paste and it works fine, but when I try the same form in VFP 9, the copy {ctrl+c} erases the text and will not paste. Any clue what I am doing wrong? Do I need something more to make it compatible?

There's been no change in this. Are you sure you have a menu pad defined with the Copy option on it when you try this?

Tamar

Hi Tamar,
Yes, I have a menu pad on it ... and it works perfectly in VFP 6. Is there something I need in the config.fpw that I might have missed? I have both versions on my machine and flip back and forth all the time. They use the same config.fpw.
It is very strange... a ctrl+c will delete the highlighted text, and it seems the ctrl+v does nothing.

Do I have the latest version of VFP 9? I am using Visual FoxPro 09.00.0000.5815 for Windows

The copy /paste does work in vfp 9 when I use modify command. Is it using something other than _med_copy and _med_paste in VFP 9?

Jane,

I can assure you that nothing has changed in VFP that could explain the behaviour you are seeing. All my apps have menus with cut, copy and paste, and they all work as expected, as do Ctrl+C, etc.

The only explanation I can think of is that you are redefining Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V somewhere - either by assigning them to shortcuts in other menus, or in a Keypress event, or perhaps with ON KEY LABEL. Is that possible?

Mike

Visual FoxPro tips, advice, training, consultancy
Custom software for your business

Thanks for the input. I did get it working... I reset my top sysmenu to _medit and it is working... dont know why it was different in vfp 6... was probably just lucky. Just knowing that it had not changed pointed me in the right direction. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back