Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy of TN did not work - what am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garymass

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2001
US

first time trying to do this. we have a few available TNs and DNs. I found the block that had as its first two TNs 08 01 and 08 02. the ones underneath it are not in use. I looked up the available TNs and sure enough 08 03 thru 08 10 are available.

so I used the LD 20 Req CPY command I found on this forum to copy 08 02 settings to 08 04 but to a different DN.

but, I have no dial tone on the TN at all.

is there anything I have to do after the copy to make this work?

we have a meridian 11c.

Nope...

Should be CPY 1
it will ask you for the type of phone (500 , 2008, 2616, 3904 etc...)
Then it should ask you for the From tn
Then the to tn
Then the DN
It should then finish up the programming and you should have dial tone.

Thats pretty much what I did.

I have pasted below exactly what I typed in.
I was copying from 08 02 to 08 04, and wanted the extension on 08 04 to be 2256

REQ: CPY 1
TYPE: 5
TYPE 500
5 CFTN 08 02
DES 2003

*** MAKE PRINTER READY ***
TN 08 04
DN 2256

NEW 500 TN 008 0 00 04 DN 2256

SCH€5525
*** FINISHED ***

Kind of confused, why don't you think it worked. It says it did

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Start trouble shooting card

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Without trying to offend for stating the obvious are we sure the line is punched down all the way from jack to switch? Toned it out to be sure and the pair is not reversed anywhere?

Is the card enbl? do you egt a light when you power up the phone? if not then log in on the swich adn LD then stat your card that you have installed to c if it's up and enbl if not enbl then enable it try to power up the phone ande c if you have a light that comes on your phone.

tried a buttset, no dial tone, just dead silence. punched down the lines again, no differance.

have to assume the card is working, all other lines including the others on this punchdown block are working, just the one I have just created has a problem.

the main thing is that all indications are that it worked, so I know it wasnt a mistake I made during the copy process.

at least I got that going for me :)

Try moving to a new tn
go to ld 20 and type LUU (List Unused Units)
type will be 500

Then use:
REQ MOV
TYPE 500
TN 8 4
TOTN (pick one)
Then test with buttset right at the main frame on the new tn.

have to assume the card is working" BAD Assumption, just because the othe ports are working, doesn't mean that port is good. Do as TAnselm said to do and move it and see if it is works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back