Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy/Move XP Speech Profile? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeBuzz

Technical User
Jul 11, 2002
US
I've invested some training time in XP's speech recognition. Is there any way to copy the speech profile to another XP machine, or do I have to read all of those interesting stories over again?

Exactly what files do you want to copy? Have you looked at the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard"?

Well....that's a good question. If you're familiar with the speech recognition feature, you know that after completing a training session (which consists of reading a script), your profile is updated to better recognize your voice. I'd like to know which file/s hold this information so that it could be transferred to a different machine. Thanks in advance!

Your right I am not familiar with speech recognition. But this sounds like a voice and microphone test which may be specific to hardware and environment setup and vary between machines and locations. Therefor transferring any file setting might defeat the purpose of the test.

"After you install speech recognition, you can increase speech recognition accuracy by taking a few minutes to train the computer to recognize how you speak. To perform the training, you read aloud a prepared training text."

WD2002: General Information on the Installation and Configuration of Speech and Handwriting Recognition
(Q278927)

Try looking for .pcm files are possibly Voice .xml files.

Or go to the language bar, edit your speech profile and run a search for recently changed files.

But speech reconition is very computer dependent. In you speech profile will be data about the microphone used, the sound card and most importantly (this one may kill the usefulness of the transfer) the internal noise generated by the computer itself.

Good Luck....... *Remember.......
If you don't use your head,
your going to have to use your feet.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know.

Ok, one more question. Is there a way to have this profile follow you to other machines on a domain? We already have application data redirect in place, but that is not transfering the speech profile. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back