Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy messaged from NAM filesystem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc3957

ISP
Aug 24, 2004
US
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a duplicate setup of a NAM voicemail system on a Norstar modular system. I've removed the hard drive and connected it to a PC. I see a directory called ST with a M###.BOX for each mailbox. Does anyone know what these directories and the file inside them mean? Can I just copy them to the new installation? How can I copy the messages from each mailbox?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Be careful!!! The NAM uses OS2....MS Windows can access most files but soemtimes Windows (XP especially) likes to run CheckDisk on the HD after you connect it...and it WILL delete/rewrite one important file that screws it up (yeah, been there, done that)....IF you copy the files over, Windows does NOT use the extended attributues OS2 does and it can still screw ya....IF you can, use GHOST or something similar to make a backup of the HD...dont rely on Windows to do it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back