Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy mc between loaded swf and root

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCiL

Technical User
Jan 23, 2003
DK
Hi

I have som buttons on the root of my movie. When I click on a button a SWF containing several movieclips is loaded in to an empty movieclip.

This works fine... But I would like to be able to copy some of the movieclips in the loaded swf to another empty movieclip on the root, by clicking them.

Is this possible?

FCiL

if all libraries are shared then you could just use attachMovie to get a copy from the library and stick it in the empty clip

if you just give the clips an action like

on(release){
emptyclip.attachMovie(..............)
}

then that should work

Interesting, I didn't know shared libraries. As I see it I will have to import all the shared libraries to the root before I can use them? This ruins the idea of having several (20) swf's containing 3-10 movieclips, loading one at the time.
The user might only need two or three of the swf's.

Did a quick search on shared libraries. There is a lot of people having problems with shared libraries, so if i could avoid it, it would be great.

My idea was something like this:

create "emptyClip1" and "emptyClip2"
emptyClip1.loadMovie("external.swf")

Then somehow:
emptyClip1.some_mc.onRelease {
copy emptyClip1.some_mc to emptyClip2
}
I was hoping it could be done by attachMovieClip or duplicateMovieClip, but I cant get that to work.

Any ideas?

FCiL

im sure duplicate movie clip will work fine but if you dont like shared libraries you could always add the clips to the library of the main file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back