Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy Items From MSOutlook to Groupwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfin

MIS
Feb 7, 2003
CA
We have an employee that is transferring from another division. The old division uses Outlook, and the new uses Groupwise. Is there a way to copy emails from Outlook and put them on the new computer which has groupwise?

There are firms that make GW archive to Outlook pst converters that aren't too costly; they may also have pst to archive converters.

If you can't find any of those, try sending the email from one account to the other (create a new GW account with a slightly different name so the employee can forward the contents of his mailbox).

GroupWise (at least at my place of work) stores to servers. Had this experience earlier this week with Outlook Express when the end-user was getting a new laptop. We also wanted to convert the user to use strictly GW and no longer use OE. On the old laptop I installed GW then imported the inbox from Outlook Express.

This placed the users emails onto the server. Then when when the user launched GroupWise on the new laptop all her emails (originally in OE) were there in GW. Also, as this user is a "road warrior" I went to the ISP she uses when not connected to our LAN and set up a forward of her mail to her address she uses for GroupWise. Sounds kinda' clumsy but it worked.

The best solution for the "Road Warrior" is WebAccess. I have setup GWAC 5.5 and 6.0 for 2 different GW systems and then had my ISP add a record to point to the WebAccess IP address. Now as long as anyone can connect to the internet they just open their browser and point to webmail.company.com to login and read and send mail.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back