Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy graphs to powerpoint 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilly442

Technical User
Jun 25, 2008
US
I custom build some graphs in my code behind on a report page. The user selects a unit and a date range and I run a query to populate the graphs.

Now the boss wants to have a button that will run all the graphs and copy them into a powerpoint presentation.

Our production server does not have powerpoint installed on it, but all the client machines do.

Is this even possible? I have searched for some examples on line, but they all seem to run server side (ppt installed on the server).

Thanks,
Chilly442
---------------------------------------
If I lived anywhere else I'd be Sunny442

there may be some 3rd party tool(s) to do this. but out of the box no. the server requires PP because that is where the work is being done. the only thing the client is good for with asp.net development is the browser. other than that the client offers nothing.

I would also question the value of this feature. why make a PPT with 1 slide/1 graph? depending on your report engine you could export the graph as an image. then the end user can integrate the image however they choose.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190

There are multiple graphs/views that can be generated. We have an excel file (not related to this project) that builds presentations for our power plants based on the graphs in the excel file. They were just thinking we could do the same thing with this application.

I like the idea of creating an image of each graph that the user could then build their own presentation from.

I appreciate the ideas.

Thanks,
Chilly442
---------------------------------------
If I lived anywhere else I'd be Sunny442

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back