Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy Forms, Queries,Reports, Tables . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickinrsm

Technical User
Nov 3, 2004
US
I'm new to Access using Access 97 currently.

Is it me or what? I can't seem to find a way to save any of the queries, forms, reports or tables to another drive, or E=mail them to another user.

You know Save As D:\TblName etc.

Someone please show me the way.

Thanks . . . Rick

Create a new database where you want the forms/queries/tables etc. Go to File - Get External Date - Import (or link for tables if that's what you want to do). Select what you want for options and click OK. You will have them in the new DB.

As far as emailing them, you should be able to just send them as an attachment. Beware, some newer email clients will not allow .mdb attachments through, you may have to hide it in a zip file.

As far as emailing them, you should be able to just send them as an attachment
should read "As far as email them, you should be able to send the databases (.mdb files) as an attachment

If you need to send only one or more objects(tables, queries , reports etc.) then there are many options.
Look for "OutputTo Method", "TransferText Action", "SendObject Method" etc in the VBA help file.
Loads of threads in this topic at these forums.

Well I've got to say that I don't understand Microsofts arrangment of objects.

What ever happened to drag & drop.

Where are these objects saved on the hard drive?

Is everything stored in MyDocuments in Main.db or something.

What is an EASY to understand book on Access (97) and VB which I suppose is used as the underlying programable language?

Thanks much . . . Rick

The trend in modern databases is that objects are stored in a single file for database performance reasons.

It is not really a Microsoft thing.

Objects are not files. Don't expect them to act like it. You wouldn't expect to find D:\Sheet1.

I guess that's the loop that I'm out of, and need to get into. Ha!

Thanks.

Rick

What is an EASY to understand book on Access (97) and VB which I suppose is used as the underlying programable language?

I am a fan of Allison Balter's books.

Thanks . . . I'll check it out today.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back