Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy file

Status
Not open for further replies.

dardapu

Programmer
Sep 10, 2002
Used and closed a table wants a COPY FILE ago, given the corresponding order has the error 1705 as a result refusing the access to the file.

The help says...

He has tried to write in a file protected against writing with the command ATTRIB of MS-DOS.

What is completely erroneous... since the attribute this verified...

Some suggestion???, thank you

What OS are you running under? What OS is the File stored on and being copied to? (I'm assuming the file is on a file server and not locally.)

Remember that when dealing with newer operating systems - especially NT/2000/XP/2003 (not to mention Novell, Unix/Linux, AS400, etc.), that there are a number of additional atrribute and security settings that FPx 2.x knows nothing about (they didn't exist then!) and the error message may simply be it's best guess at the real problem.

Rick

Under wind 2000 profesional, local archive to copy in A:

I've had tables archived onto CD then when they were copied back they were marked as read only. I wonder if "archiving" in your case meant "change to read-only so it stays archived"? In my case I had to manually remove the read-only attibute:

ATTRIB -R C:\myfiles\*.*

This will remove it from sub-directories below too:

ATTRIB -R C:\myfiles\*.* /S

Be careful not to remove the attribute from any file that should remain read-only.

dbMark

I try to record in the unit TO A:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back