Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy Database Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenica

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi,

I have two Windows 2000 Servers. The first one is the domain controller with SQL 2000 installed (Production Box). I just installed a second Windows 2000 Server with SQL 2000 as well. I joined the domain as an additional domain controller. I want to use the copy database wizard to copy over my database from server 1. Basically I am trying to replace server 1 with server 2 (faster box). When I try to copy the database, it says "Your SQL Server Service is running under the local system account. You need to change your SQL Server Service account to have the rights to copy files over the network." I have Active Directory installed and I find the user policies but I don't see any that specify coping files across the network. Also which server would this policy reside on?

Thanks In Advance!

Jenica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back