Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy cell's formula to another row

Status
Not open for further replies.

blutimus

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2004
US
hi
i have a sheet that is created populated via a macro, and each time it may contain a different number of rows.

in the last row i have 8 cells for which i want to display the contents (updated in real time, as they will change as sheet is modified during use, it is a formula based on the row above) in cells on row 4/5.

like k4=a1140, and k5=b1140, m4=e1140, and m5=g1140, and so on. i am always pulling the info from the last row (in these columns) and placing into same cells t top.

what is proper use of worksheet change event, with exact syntax, since im not too hip with the vba? i do have a macro that will populate the upper rows with the values, but i cant get to run on the change event.

if possible, i would like to do this w/o using the event, but if that is the only way, no problem!

thanks

blutimus

nevermind... i guess the change event was the wrong one anyway. i used the calculate event.

blute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back