Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy book parser 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowFox333

Programmer
Oct 15, 2002
US
Does anyone have a good copy book parser that shows
offset and length. TIA Bob

Here you have a REXX that will do it. I prepared this program to work in an environment where there are standards. The conversion will not work with global usage, it is, all elementary items should be self descriptive.

To use it, save the code in a member called OB in your ISPEXEC PDS; edit the copybook under ISPF and type OB in the command line. If you want a file with the results then call it with a Parm2 value, like OB AA, the macro will write a file <UserId>.<copybook name>.DATA

Try to get rid of all data after column 72, some systems don't like it.

The program is 482 lines long, and I am getting timeout everytime that I try to send it. I was told to use TimeoutRequest=500, but I do not know how to do it.

If you have an email or another way of receiving it, let me know.

Obrain

Regards

Hi Bob,

If you're on an IBM mainframe and your shop has FileAid, you'll find one there.

Regards, Jack.

Hi,

There is a free copybook parser to be used on the pc. It is called COBOL FD Analyser, it is distributed as COBDATA.ZIP and the working program is COBFD.EXE. It works fine. Only redefines with unequal lengths gives wrong offset information.

If you cannot find it anywhere, you can mail me. My email address is in my profile.

Regards,

Crox

Thanks Crox,
I found it at Flexus Cobol and it worked like a champ.
Thanks for the Help.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back