Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy and Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flupke

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
BE
Hello,

I want to copy several items (spreadsheets, graphics, text, ...) from different Excel-sheets, along with other items (images, ...) into one file, so it can be printed and presented as one bundle of pages.
When I choose copy and paste (special) into Microsoft Word, it never gives me the right result.
Spreadsheets are truncated, only the contents on the first page are visible, etc. ...
Can someone give me a hint on how to achieve my goal? Microsoft Word is only one option; if another programm gives better results, then I am happy to use that alternative.

Many thanks and greetings from Brugge (Bruges - Belgium),

Michel

Why go through all that trouble? Unless you must absolutely have all info in one document.

Else, you can number the pages in Word as you wish using section breaks. And in Excel you can number pages Under File, Page setup, Page tab. (You may have to do it several times if there are multiple instances of pages to be included in the Word doc)

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Create a pdf file with all your data in it - That would be a good format that just about anyone can read.

Regards
Ken...............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

Hello,

Thank you for replying.
My goal is indeed to assemble all the different bits in one document.
When I copy a very large Excel spreadsheet and paste it into Word, only the amount that can be put in one Word-page is copied. The rest seems to have vanished. Unless I do something wrong, this is not a good solution. So, the question is: how can I copy a large Excel-spreadsheet, so that the whole spreadsheet is visible in another document (e.g. Word or other), along with other parts from different sources.

Many thanks an greetings from Brugge (Bruges - Belgium),

Michel

From within Word try -

Insert / Object / Create From File / Broswe to file and hit OK.

Regards
Ken...........

That having been said it won't put all the pages of each file on view as you had asked. I think the only way you are going to do that is via a pdf file as I suggested earlier, and I think you will have to manually create the whole package.

Regards
Ken...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back