Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copper NAM and CallPilot 150 Combo for fax messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

namaskar

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2004
US
I've been told by several sources the CallPilot 150 (SW 2.1) doesn't support Fax Messaging when used with a Norstar MICS e/w 6.1 software. We've tried to do it and no go. Apparently it only works in a BCM environment. I've got an old copper NAM I'm not using. Any reason I couldn't hang that off an analog port on an Analog Station Module, add fax messaging to the NAM and get it that way?

not going to work ...
CP2.1 on N* doesnt support fax messaging
NAM works off a digital port, like the CP

namaskar, sounds like you fell into the same pit that many of us did. The documentation on the CP100/150 CD has so much BCM Call Pilot information on it that it gets quite confusing. I recently replaced a brand new 6.1 Norstar system with a BCM just because of the Faxing issues. Nortel recently removed a product brochure from their web site that mis-quoted the faxing abilities of CP100/150.

MarvO said it

Thanks for the information everyone. Guess I'll have to drop back and punt on this one. A BCM is too expensive for the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back