Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cool logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

drPHk

Technical User
Jun 8, 2007
I was searching the internet looking for cool logo ideas and I came across this site:
When you first visit that site, there is an F that animates. I know how to use After Effects to make letters animate how I want them to, but how would I make that cool design on the F? It looks like a real high quality mirror with high quality colors running through it.

I've got Eye Candy and a few effects, but that looks like nothing I've seen before. Does anyone have any idea how that was done?

Hi

I don't know for sure but this may have been created in some kind of 3D application like 3D Studio Max that lets you rotate an object and have it reflect a selected image on its surface.

Check out the Window 3D Text Screen Saver for an example.
You can set it to reflect any image that you want.

Mike

Hi very simply done in 3D software you can either add the images as a texture the just make it really glossy (the easy way) or make a object with a texture of a mirror like surface then run image around it with textures on for it to reflect both will work the 1st in the no brain way of doing it :) And give a quicker render time of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back