Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Word Docs to HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

webpager

Programmer
Mar 27, 2001
GB
Please help with a slightly off topic question.
I need to convert a Microsoft Word documents as HTML for inclusion on our Church website. There is a facility in Word to save as HTML but I find there are problems converting frames and tables, resulting in a strangely formatted HTML document. I need to paste the result into Frontpage but find I spend a long time re-formatting the text to get the result I require.
Amny help would be greatly appreciated.
Keith

I have tried several approaches with our church website for putting our weekly bulletin online. The best solution I've found is to use Adobe Acrobat and convert the bulletin to a PDF file. Adobe does a pretty good job of formatting, but doesn't offer much in the way of editing. You can check out our bulletin at
Unfortunately most Microsoft programs that let you export documents to HTML include the option as an afterthought. They really don't do a very good job at it. I use Publisher 2000 to create our bulletin, but it does a terrible job of formatting the HTML also.

algraff ::)

Thanks for that - seems that Microsoft have produced more incompatable software - oh hum.
Think I`ll investigate the codes within Word and see if they can be easily ID`d and removed.
Might not be a bad little project.

Yeah - I HATE Word's formatting!

I often get updates from clients in a Word doc, and I always get the copy into FrontPage by:
1) copy/paste to notepad first (which strips out the formatting), then
2) copy/paste to FrontPage (where I have already made an empty template matching the layout of the word doc.)

Same deal with publisher. Funny how you can always spot a website made with word or publisher, isn't it? :)

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back