Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

converting visio to powerpoint 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is there a way I can convert a visio diagram to Microsoft PowerPOint or other microsoft product or maybe to adobe pdf?
There are no such choice in the save as file types in visio 2000...

thank you

You can insert your Visio drawing into a Power Point presentation by using the Insert Object option. To do this, create your Visio drawing and save it. Then open a Power Point presentation, and go to Insert -> Object. Select Create From File, then Browse to find your Visio drawing. Highlight it and click OK. Click OK again and it will be inserted in your Power Point presentation.
You can do this with any application that allows you to insert an object.

With later versions of Viso, just go to your drawing in visio and under the EDIT label, select copy drawing. Then go to your Powerpoint slide and hit EDIT, PASTE, then size it with the handles. It works fairly well.

Dwight Hunter
Hunter Research
hunterdk@aol.com

My Visio documents typically contain upwards of 30 sheets / drawings and copying and pasting then individualy is not an option.

Does anyone know if it's possible to export ALL drawings witin a visio file to another format? sequential JPG's, word document, DPF anything would be great.

Evena Visio viewer that I could distribute to my clients would be a step ahead.

Have a try with an application from Fineprint ( called PDF Factory. I need to do sone evaluations of this myself but it looks like it might help you.

My requirement is to actually convert a Visio drawing to MS Publisher. Trying the the Cut and Past option described above puts an image into Publisher. Ideally I would like to "un group" this image and allow my client to edit the drawing elements with Publisher. They dont want to buy or learn Visio. The Visio documents are workflow type drawings

Many thanks

Mark

I imported my visio files into my powerpoint presentation in the same manner suggested, Insert/Object/From file/ chose my visio vsd file. The drawings come in, but the shapes do not always lookt he same and the text is not inside the shapes some of the time. They look fine inside visio. Can anyone tell me what I can do to keep the text inside the shapes when inserted into powerpoint?

Do not mark the shapes by clicking on them. Mark them by encompassing them with your mouse cursor (just drag a rectangle around the shape). This way you do not only select the shape but everything that is on, under or in it.
Hope this helps.
Andy

Why don't you use Visio instead of Powerpoint

If you click on view & select full screen from from the options you will see your Visio file as you would on Powerpoint

If you build your display in Visio by inserting additional pages, you will find that on sceen links can be utilised to either change the page or select other files for the presentation
iamstefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back