Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting VB to HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

chassid

MIS
Aug 27, 2000
US
B"H

All,

I am looking for a program that will convert VB 6 to Html. Preferbly after it has become an .EXE file.

Thanks,
Daniel Do you know the Chabad Lubavitch Sheliach in your area?
He is waiting for you!

Why are you hoping to reverse engineer a program?? I don' t believe its possible after its an exe, if at all.

>>>>Preferbly after it has become an .EXE file

If it was possible to convert vb6 to html it would be diffacult, to do it after the programme was an exe would be nearly impossible.

The part about reverse engineer refered to the fact that you wanted it to be after an exe.

Moocow.out = True

All,

I believe you misunderstood me. I made a program on Visual Basic 6. It has three different forms. I have compiled it and it has become an .EXE file. Now, I wanted to turn this .EXE file to run on the internet, thus turning it into an html file.

I am not trying to reverse engineer anything! I own the program, I created it. Instead of using activex on every form, I heard you could turn the whole .EXE into html through activex. I believe there is a specific program that does this. Do anyone of you know how to do this?

Thank you and I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Daniel Do you know the Chabad Lubavitch Sheliach in your area?
He is waiting for you!

O I'm very sorry, it sound like a attempt to steal peeps work. I have heard of people converting vbcolors to hex values to html, so if people need that then propably you can convert the whole thin to html. You could trie google.

Sorry I got offensive but It irks me when people start stealing work.

Moocow.out = Sure

Daniel,

I think you may have a slight misunderstanding of the process. What you can do, effectively, is to compile your VB app as an ActiveX control, and host the resulting object on an HTML page. The VB app itself is NOT converted to HTML.

The VB documentation carries a fairly reasonable description of how to do this.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back