Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Traditional ACD Agents to ACD Hotdesk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrunkMan

Programmer
Jan 12, 2010
GB
I have a load of Traditional ACD agents which I will need to make resilient. Is this is a case of deleting the agent and recreating as an ACD hotdesk user and making resilient to its secondary controller. Will I still retain all the historical call stats of the traditional ACD agent ?

check out the resiliency guidelines on Mitel On Line
This will give you all the options for ACD resiliency and talk you through all requirements.

You no longer need to designate sets as ACD. Any hotdesk capable set can be used for login. The old agent ID's are not hotdeskable so yes you need to delete and recreate. Use the same numbering and the call states should still match up.

Also read the guide for more detail as james1982 says.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

from the help file:

Converting Multiple Existing Traditional ACD Agents into Hot Desk ACD Agents
Ensure that all agents are logged out. You cannot convert agents while they are logged into the system.

From the ACD Agent IDs form, export the information for the existing ACD agents to a .csv file.

Note: For detailed instructions on how to export data, click Export, and then click the Help button located in the bottom left corner of the Export Dialog box.

Click Export

Under Export Range, click All

Under File Type, click Comma Delimited (Spreadsheet)

Click Export. The File Download window opens

Click Save and save the .csv file to a folder on your client station

When the download is complete, click Close.

Use the User and Device Configuration form to import the exported agent information:

Click Import

Click Download a copy of the Import Spreadsheet.xls. You must use a 3300 ICP Release 7.0 version of the spreadsheet

Click Open. Click Yes

Extract the file to a folder on your client station

Open the spreadsheet and enable the macros when prompted

Click the User and Device Configuration tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet

Next, open the .csv file that you exported from the ACD Agent IDs form. Copy the Agent IDs, COS, and COR settings into the columns in the Import Spreadsheet.xls file. If desired, configure the voice mail, user profile and Desktop Tool access for the users.

Select the rows in the column of data (for example Agent ID) from the .csv file

Right-click and select Copy

Select the first row of the column in the import spreadsheet

Right-click and select Paste.

In the spreadsheet, for each agent select Hot Desking User, set the Service Level to Full Service, select ACD Agent, and configure the User PINs.

Click the Save for Import button.

From the User and Device Configuration form, import the data from the spreadsheet.

Click Import

Click Browse and navigate to the worksheet (.csv) file in the spreadsheet's folder on your client station

Select the UserConfiguration_xxxxx.csv file and then click Open

Click Next. The data is uploaded

Note: There is no warning confirmation prompt when using the Import feature to convert the traditional ACD agents. In addition, if one agent conversion fails, the import operation will continue with the next. If there are any failures, the user will be presented with this information after the import operation completes.

After the import operation is complete, check the ACD Agent IDs form, Telephone Directory Form, Multiline IP Sets form, and User and Device Configuration form to ensure that the data was imported correctly.

In the Multiline IP Sets form, all hot desk ACD agents should have the "Hot Desk User" field and the "ACD Enabled" field set to "Yes". In the User and Device Configuration form, select "Hot Desking User", set the Service Level to "Full Service", and enable "ACD Agent" for each agent.

Check the system maintenance logs. The system will have generated a maintenance log for each agent that was successfully converted.

Gents

Thanks for your responses. Mitelmatt, that is exactly what I was looking for. I take it that once the conversion is complete, I will need to sync the 6100ccm so that it is updated with the new info of the secondary controller ? I am hoping that all my historical data will remain. I will probably try converting one ACD agent and testing, and thereafter do the lot.

Yes it will need a sync? Good idea to try with one. You can do that without the import etc.

I think you also have to change the CCM operation from traditional to hot desk

I dont think Pfyre support a mixed environment

Under the enterprise there is a tickbox for it somewhere

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Billz66 is correct, you can't have a mixed enviroment as it leasds to reporting issues. You will need to set the PF for hotdesk ACD agents.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Yes I am aware of that. It will warn you when synchronisation is performed, that you cannot have traditional and Hotdesk ACD agents in the synch reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back