Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillinlife101

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
US
I have a web page that I need to print as a brochure. The problem is that when I convert it to a PDF (via CutePDF), the file either isn't complete if background images are turned off, or it's too complex to open if they're turned on. However, the web page itself will print just fine... with some tweaking. But the person who will be printing out the brochure isn't able to do that tweaking.

How can I get this into a format that a person can just open and print?

Dan

I think your best bet would be to get it to the PDF version. Do you have Acrobat? Not the reader, the actual Acrobat 5 or 6 or 7 writer. You can edit PDFs with that.

If you want, try tweaking the webpage and convert it to PDF, if it looks bad, correct the webpage, then convert again.
It'll take some time, but it'll only have to be done once to make it look right.

openoffice.org? it's free, it converts docs to PDF's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back