Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting string to a datetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2003
BY
Hi all!
I'm using CR9 and MS SQL Server. My report has two string parameter fields {?DateBegin}
and {?DateEnd}. Parametrs are passed as strings with default format("dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss"). When parameters are passed to a report I try to convert them to datetime (datetime function) and to pass to SQL server. But if in the regional settings the default date format "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss PM",
an error occurs "Bad date format string". How can I convert a stirng to a datetime with predifend format?
Thanks for help!

Why not use Date:time format for the parameters, then no conversion is required?

BurnsORegan

There must be something else wrong...I ran a query on my SQL Server and it converted the 03.09.2004 12:00:00 to DATETIME just fine.

Do you verify that the parameters are actually valid dates and times?

-SQLBill

2 SQLBill:
and what is your system datetime format? This error occurs when system datetime format differs from "dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back